Welcome to the IMTalk - Internet Marketing & SEO Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    blackout17's Avatar
    blackout17 is offline IM & SEO Small Talker blackout17 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, UK
    Posts
    514
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts

    Buying Traffic? Results?

    Buying traffic is great to get more exposure to your website. Nice new visitors who you hope will stick about and hopefully buy a product etc.

    I have never bought traffic before just because I am scared it goes wrong and money is tight.

    What do you recommend?

    I have heard Admego is good which is pay as you go and covers a number of networks to advertise.
    Leave The Life Of Drugs And Addiction Today - Visit
    Bread & Butter Football - Visit

  2. #2
    henryJ's Avatar
    henryJ is offline IM & SEO Weak Jaw henryJ is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Thanks Given
    11
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    I would not do it, most of the time its a lot of money with a little bit of results. Leave buying traffic to the bigger companies, use your money on seo, banner advertising, blog mentions, something that brings in long term results.
    Cheap Backlink Packages That Will KILL Your Competition - Click Here

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to henryJ For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    salman's Avatar
    salman is offline IM & SEO Small Talker salman is a jewel in the rough salman is a jewel in the rough salman is a jewel in the rough salman is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    967
    Thanks Given
    102
    Thanked 270 Times in 236 Posts
    Even I'd not do it .... Although, if some one offers me that kind of traffic for free .... I wouldn't take it !! I am really very careful on this

  5. #4
    sjeeta's Avatar
    sjeeta is offline IM & SEO Small Talker sjeeta will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    564
    Thanks Given
    218
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
    I also deny this action. Buying traffic is not good. Better you go for improving your SEO strategies

  6. #5
    blackout17's Avatar
    blackout17 is offline IM & SEO Small Talker blackout17 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, UK
    Posts
    514
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henryJ View Post
    I would not do it, most of the time its a lot of money with a little bit of results. Leave buying traffic to the bigger companies, use your money on seo, banner advertising, blog mentions, something that brings in long term results.
    Thanks, do you have any recommendations for improvements that could be cost effective as in links to them. Never really thought of investing to improve so this is a 100% dark area for me.
    Leave The Life Of Drugs And Addiction Today - Visit
    Bread & Butter Football - Visit

  7. #6
    mariusprice is offline IM & SEO Quiet One mariusprice is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjeeta View Post
    I also deny this action. Buying traffic is not good. Better you go for improving your SEO strategies
    Are you sure?
    Please tell me how much time do you spend on SEO and how much is worth a hour of work for you?
    If we think how many hours someone spend on SEO battle better get pay per click from google. There is a way to get clicks for $0.1 - $0.2 from google without spending my time on SEO also there are a ton of ways to get free traffic much faster than SEO without too much work.
    Not sure why people didn't recommend paid traffic.

  8. #7
    henryJ's Avatar
    henryJ is offline IM & SEO Weak Jaw henryJ is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Thanks Given
    11
    Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackout17 View Post
    Thanks, do you have any recommendations for improvements that could be cost effective as in links to them. Never really thought of investing to improve so this is a 100% dark area for me.
    Yea you can buy blog roll links, guest blog post, blog mentions etc. Those work better.
    Cheap Backlink Packages That Will KILL Your Competition - Click Here

  9. #8
    mariusprice is offline IM & SEO Quiet One mariusprice is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by henryJ View Post
    Yea you can buy blog roll links, guest blog post, blog mentions etc. Those work better.
    Of course there are many ways to get traffic much easier and much faster than SEO and without spending hours.
    Good point henryj

  10. #9
    blackout17's Avatar
    blackout17 is offline IM & SEO Small Talker blackout17 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, UK
    Posts
    514
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henryJ View Post
    Yea you can buy blog roll links, guest blog post, blog mentions etc. Those work better.
    Thanks - Ill look into it
    Leave The Life Of Drugs And Addiction Today - Visit
    Bread & Butter Football - Visit

  11. #10
    BigDim's Avatar
    BigDim is offline IM & SEO Weak Jaw BigDim is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    206
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    I can definetely buy a keyword if I don't have the time to research it myself,but just traffic I don't think so.

  12. #11
    sjeeta's Avatar
    sjeeta is offline IM & SEO Small Talker sjeeta will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    564
    Thanks Given
    218
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusprice View Post
    Are you sure?
    Please tell me how much time do you spend on SEO and how much is worth a hour of work for you?
    If we think how many hours someone spend on SEO battle better get pay per click from google. There is a way to get clicks for $0.1 - $0.2 from google without spending my time on SEO also there are a ton of ways to get free traffic much faster than SEO without too much work.
    Not sure why people didn't recommend paid traffic.
    Yes I am very sure about it.

    Every hour i spend on SEO is very precious to me. As I am learning how to improve my SEO strategies day by day. I learn that buying traffic cause harm to website because you won't even know if you can trust the traffic sources. Better earn less than getting banned through buying traffic later on

  13. #12
    mariusprice is offline IM & SEO Quiet One mariusprice is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The traffic that you buy is from google and facebook so there is no harm to your website. I never did seo and still get traffic from google In SEO is a big battle link building for every keyword and all that crap lets be honest if someone have a better software that can build links for that keyword that you already working to rank on it you are out of the game and have to start over again or do more backlinks.
    Better create an article with keywords that you want to rank and post in google news sites and you rank in 5 minutes in the first page guaranteed.

  14. #13
    dean1122 is offline IM & SEO Whisperer dean1122 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    I have never bought traffic before just because I am scared it goes wrong and money is tight.
    hi,
    you don't have to worry about getting traffic .its nice idea to get intensive traffic to your niche.

  15. #14
    Phoenyx's Avatar
    Phoenyx is offline Super Moderator Phoenyx is a name known to all Phoenyx is a name known to all Phoenyx is a name known to all Phoenyx is a name known to all Phoenyx is a name known to all Phoenyx is a name known to all
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    3,158
    Thanks Given
    608
    Thanked 541 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1122 View Post
    hi,
    you don't have to worry about getting traffic .its nice idea to get intensive traffic to your niche.
    Hmmm I'm don't understand what you're trying to say here Would buying traffic be a good idea or not?
    Kanashimi no oto ga kikoenai you na sewashii sekai ga.
    IMT Forum Member Groups, Features, Options & Permissions and IMT Forum Rules.


  16. #15
    proseocontent's Avatar
    proseocontent is offline IM & SEO Small Talker proseocontent has a spectacular aura about proseocontent has a spectacular aura about proseocontent has a spectacular aura about
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    903
    Thanks Given
    48
    Thanked 220 Times in 171 Posts
    Buying traffic can increase your alexa rank but to get customers is paid traffic not the best choose. Mostly you will pay for traffic which is generated by machines and roboters or the visitors are total foreign to your niche. Ok, you can have luck and you get some traffic with customers who will buy on your site but these are exceptions

  17. #16
    westsider is offline IM & SEO Weak Jaw westsider is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
    I've bought traffic a couple of times. I didn't get a single sale from tens of thousands of visits. The traffic that was sent to me wasn't interested in anything I sold. They were just looking to kill time. Most of them left the sites in less than 5 seconds. The websites they were sent to were very good, so I don't blame the offers I made.

    Google says it doesn't like buying traffic and it threatens to penalize bought traffic. I don't know if they penalized me. I suspect this penalty lasts only a few weeks. After that, they treat your website as a normal website again, if you stopped buying traffic.

  18. #17
    blackout17's Avatar
    blackout17 is offline IM & SEO Small Talker blackout17 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, UK
    Posts
    514
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westsider View Post
    I've bought traffic a couple of times. I didn't get a single sale from tens of thousands of visits. The traffic that was sent to me wasn't interested in anything I sold. They were just looking to kill time. Most of them left the sites in less than 5 seconds. The websites they were sent to were very good, so I don't blame the offers I made.

    Google says it doesn't like buying traffic and it threatens to penalize bought traffic. I don't know if they penalized me. I suspect this penalty lasts only a few weeks. After that, they treat your website as a normal website again, if you stopped buying traffic.
    It depends if it is targetted traffic mind.
    Leave The Life Of Drugs And Addiction Today - Visit
    Bread & Butter Football - Visit

  19. #18
    DianaKaye is offline Banned DianaKaye is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    51
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think you need not pay to generate more traffic. Just try to be more diligent in blog posting, facebook, pinterest etc. and that will do the trick. You do all of these for free.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Buying Domain Names
    By londes in forum Websites & Domains
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 05:27 AM
  2. [Buying Related Backlinks]
    By Neopoints in forum IMT Main Marketplace
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
  3. Buying Cheap traffic?
    By deals2000 in forum Internet Marketing General Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:26 AM
  4. Buying your web direcotry
    By JustGoWithIt in forum Websites & Domains
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
  5. Buying working websites for backlinks
    By caveman in forum Link Building General Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts